This page describes the steps to configure the GSM Base logger to receive and respond to any SMS messages send from a site. These messages can originate from any device, GSM Commanders, cell phones etc. as long as the unit is configured as a site and there cell numbers match. If the unit at the site is not in the list of units then select the third option GSM Commander (Version 4) and other. Follow the steps below to configure the inputs.
Configuring the unit on site
The first step in establishing the message link between the unit on site and the GSM Base Logger is to program it with the On state and Off state massages. We will use the following two messages as described below.
- Create a digital input high message for the selected input Pump 1 running.
- Create a digital input low message for the selected input Alarm Pump 1 stopped.
GSM Base Logger Message Configuration
In order for the GSM Base Logger to detect any changes on the inputs of the unit, the corresponding input must be configured. Follow the steps below to do the configuration:
Log-on to the base logger as technical or above.
Select the database screen.
Step 3: Select the site that must be configured with the new messages.
Select the digital input table of the site.
Step 5: Click in the row of the digital input that must be configured.
The configuration wizard will be started as shown below.
Step 6: Click the next button to start the configuration.
The digital input text dialog is displayed, fill in the fields as described below.
- Enter the digital high text Main Door Open into the Input On Text field.
- Enter the digital low text Main Door Closed into the Input Off Text field.
Note: The text is case sensitive.
Step 7: Click the next button to select the display configuration step.
The display text dialog is displayed, fill in the field and select the options as described below.
- Select if the input must be displayed in the site display screen.
- Enter the text that will be used in the site screen and graphs into the Display Text field.
- Select if the input must be inverted before displaying.
Step 8: Click the next button to select the alarm configuration step.
The alarm text dialog is displayed, fill in the field and select the options as described below.
- Select if the input must be alarmed.
- Enter the text that will be displayed in the alarm list below the site display into the Alarm Text field.
- Select the alarm level of the input.
Step 9: Click the next button to display the finish screen.
The final dialog is displayed, check the settings and click the finish button to complete the configuration.